HBCU Profiles and Capabilities: Hampton University
On September 26, 2016, the Hampton University Center for Atmospheric Research and Education (HU-CARE) program installed a direct broadcast antenna on top of the Hampton Harbour Center in downtown Hampton, VA. Funded by a $5 million award from NASA, this antenna enables scientists to instantly predict severe weather within a 2,000 mile radius of Hampton Roads, as well as provide HU student researchers access to advanced satellite data
At Hampton University groundbreaking research is underway in labs across campus, focused on producing technology and innovation that will help drive tomorrow's discoveries. With advancing programs in the sciences, engineering, health, computing, architecture, the community and related areas, Hampton University is committed to educating future leaders.
Physically located on the eastern seaboard within driving distance nation's capital, Hampton University has the capability to perform anywhere in the world. One of its unique resources is the Proton Therapy Institute, which is the largest free-standing proton therapy facility in the world. Other premiere capabilities and resources include the Cancer Research Center, National Resilience Initiative Network, and Center for Fusion Research and Training.
- Medical and Biomedical Physics
- Aviation and Unmanned Aircraft Systems
- Particle and Nuclear Physics
- Cancer Research and Treatment
- Genetics and Genomics
- Health Disparities
- Next Generation Sequencing
- Community Based Participatory Research
- Digital Media Innovation
- Proton Radiation
- Logistics and Supply Value Chain Management
- Radio Broadcasting
- Medication Therapy Management
- Lower Atmospheric Research Using Lidar Remote Sensing
- Center for Advanced Medical Instrumentation
- Minority Institutions Technology Support Services IDIQ
- Selected Problem Nuclear/ High Energy Physics
- Aeronomy of Ice in the Mesosphere
- Enhancement of Capabilities in Education and Research Using Lidar and Other Techniques for Environmental Measurements
Subject Matter Expert
Dr. Danny Barnes
Ph.D., Science in Information Systems and Communications
M.S., Applied Mathematics,
B.S., Applied Mathematics
- Cyber Security
- Renewable and Green Energy
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems
- Big Data Analytics
- Engineering (various)
- Missile Defense
Are you qualified to be a subject matter expert?
We invite researchers and faculty members with innovation expertise who are interested in working on contracts with companies seeking SMEs to register to be added to the Subject Matter Expert database.
Send us an email, and we will answer any questions you may have.
Get the information and resources you need, whenever it's convenient for you.
Experts in government contracting compile the training and participate in our webinars.
Connect here with other universities, companies, and federal agency program managers.